Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Take you to understand 6 important components of diesel engine in one minute
June 02, 2022
Diesel generator set is mainly composed of diesel engine, generator and control panel, so do you know which important part of diesel engine is composed of? In fact, the diesel engine is a reciprocating piston engine with a relatively simple structure. Its working principle is to inject diesel oil into the cylinder and mix it with air to generate heat, expand the gas, promote the piston to work externally, and convert the thermal energy of the fuel into mechanical energy. It is a modern One of the most widely used engines.
We know that a diesel generator set is mainly composed of a diesel engine, a generator and a control panel, so do you know which important part is a diesel engine composed of? In fact, the diesel engine is a reciprocating piston engine with a relatively simple structure. Its working principle is to inject diesel oil into the cylinder and mix it with air to generate heat, expand the gas, promote the piston to work externally, and convert the thermal energy of the fuel into mechanical energy. It is a modern One of the most widely used engines, the following are some important parts of the diesel engine.
(1) The fuel supply and adjustment system, which injects the fuel into the combustion chamber, fully mixes and burns with the air, and generates heat. The fuel system includes parts such as fuel tank, fuel transfer pump, fuel filter, fuel injection pump, fuel injector and governor.
(2) Crankshaft connecting rod mechanism, which converts the obtained heat into mechanical energy. The crankshaft connecting rod mechanism is mainly composed of cylinder block, crankcase, cylinder head, piston, piston pin, connecting rod, crankshaft, flywheel, flywheel connector and shock absorber. When the fuel ignites and burns in the combustion chamber, due to the expansion of the gas, pressure is generated on the top of the piston, which pushes the piston to reciprocate in a straight line, and converts the rotational torque of the crankshaft with the help of the connecting rod, so that the crankshaft drives the working machine (load) to rotate to do work.
(3) The air distribution mechanism and the intake and exhaust systems ensure that fresh air is regularly inhaled, the exhaust gas after combustion is discharged, and thermal energy is continuously converted into mechanical energy. The valve train consists of intake valve assembly, exhaust valve assembly, camshaft, transmission system, tappet, push rod, air filter, intake pipe, exhaust pipe and muffler fire extinguisher.
(4) Starting system, which makes the diesel engine start quickly. Generally, an electric motor or a pneumatic motor is used to start; for high-power diesel engines, compressed air is used to start.
The starting systems of gasoline and diesel engines are different. The starting system of a gasoline engine is composed of a battery, an ignition coil, a distributor, and a spark plug. The diesel engine adopts two parts: electric starting and high-pressure air starting. The electric starting system consists of a battery, a start button, and a starter motor. The high-pressure air starter is used when the electric starter fails. It consists of a high-pressure air bottle, a barometer, an air starter switch, a high-pressure air pipe, an air distributor, and an air starter valve.
(5) Lubrication system and cooling system, which reduce the friction loss of the diesel engine and ensure the normal temperature of each component. The lubrication system consists of oil pump, oil filter oil centrifugal fine filter, pressure regulator, safety device and lubricating oil passage. The cooling system consists of water pump, oil radiator, thermostat, fan, cooling water tank, air intercooler and water jacket.
(6) The body assembly, which constitutes the skeleton of the diesel engine, on which all moving parts and auxiliary systems are supported. The body assembly consists of the body (cylinder block - crankcase), cylinder liner, cylinder head and oil pan and other components.
Diesel engines are generally composed of the above 6 main systems. It is worth noting that due to the differences in the number of cylinders, cylinder arrangement and cooling methods of different models of diesel engines, various models will have some structural differences. difference, which the user should be aware of.
Why should it be suggested that enterprises must be equipped with diesel generator sets?
Why are diesel generator sets widely used? What are its advantages and disadvantages?