Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
How to stimulate higher performance of generators
July 27, 2022
In practice, it is very important to develop and follow a scientific motor bearing lubrication management plan to maintain and even stimulate motor performance.
Ways to stimulate higher performance of generators are as follows.
Factors affecting the frequency of grease replacement are complex and generally include temperature, continuity of use, grease injection, bearing size and speed, seal effectiveness and suitability of the grease for the particular application. Therefore, deciding when and how often to change grease is not a simple matter.
Typically, continuously operating light to medium duty motors require grease changes at least once a year; for every 10°C above the nominal recommended temperature, the grease change interval needs to be reduced by half.
Determining the amount of grease injection for motor bearings is one of the important steps in the initial lubrication and grease replacement of bearings. Insufficient grease injection will cause insufficient lubrication and lead to bearing failure, while too much injection will lead to bearing failure and problems caused by grease being carried into the electromagnetic winding. The following two methods can be used to determine the amount of grease to be injected into the bearing.
-1/2 to 2/3 of the remaining space in the bearing - when the running speed is less than 50% of the bearing's limit speed;
1/3 to 1/2 of the remaining space in the bearing - when the operating speed is greater than 50% of the bearing's limiting speed.
-Another way to determine the proper grease injection amount for a bearing is to use the following formula.
o Grease injection amount (g) = bearing outside diameter (mm) X bearing width (mm) X 0.005;
o or grease injection amount (oz) = 0.114 X bearing outside diameter (in) X bearing width (in) X 0.005.
Third, set the sequence
Remove as much old grease as possible is an important way to eliminate grease deterioration, leakage and contamination, and to avoid incompatible grease adulteration. Therefore, after confirming the replacement time and replacement amount, it is necessary to follow a set of strict flushing and grease change procedures! Take the rolling bearing equipped with grease filling and grease drainage port as an example, using the 5-step "decompression method" can cleanly complete the flushing and grease change process:
1. Dismantle: remove the grease port bolt located below and remove all hardened grease from the grease port;
2. Wipe: wipe the grease filling port;
3. Note: inject grease into the grease port until the new grease is discharged from the grease port, and make sure all the old grease has been drained. In the case of ensuring the safety and feasibility of the equipment operating environment, this step can be performed while the equipment is running;
4. Drain: Without installing the grease drain bolt, the motor will run normally and maintain the operating temperature, the grease will be extended to distribute evenly until the excess grease is discharged from the grease drain, thus reducing the internal pressure;
5. Install: remove excess grease and install the grease drain bolt.
Selecting the correct grease is the basis for the entire motor bearing renewal. As the lubrication environment of generator equipment becomes more and more severe, it is important to choose a high performance grease. Grease is a semi-solid lubricant consisting of base oil, thickener and additives. A quality motor grease excels in these typical indicators such as viscosity, consistency, oxidation resistance, anti-wear, drip point and shear stability.
How to drain a diesel generator set in winter
Generator rental analysis of the reasons why diesel generator sets can not start