Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
How to charge the battery of diesel generator set normally
August 04, 2022
The purpose of normal battery charging is to restore the capacity of the lead battery in time, so as not to damage the battery due to the long time in the discharged state. Normal charging can be used in two stages of constant current charging method, constant current and then constant voltage charging method (or current-limited constant voltage charging method) and fast charging method, etc. When using the two-stage constant current charging method, the first stage is charged with 10h rate current until the single cell battery voltage reaches 2.4V, which generally lasts 5-6h. The second stage is charged with 20h rate current until the end of charging, which generally lasts about 8-10h.
After the battery activation is activated, the charging in the following cases is called normal charging.
1. when the battery has been discharged (should be done within 24h).
2. When the battery is partially discharged or discharged with small current gap, although the discharged capacity does not reach half of the rated capacity, but it is left for more than one week after discharge.
3. The battery has not been discharged for one month.
The end of charging is marked by the following aspects.
1. the positive and negative plates bubble violently.
2. The electrolyte density reaches the specified value: fixed battery rises to 1.200-1.220kg/L, mobile battery rises to 1.280-1.30kg/L, and no longer rises.
3. The voltage of single cell of the battery reaches 2.7-2.8V and no longer rises.
4. The positive plate of the paste coated plate turns brownish red, and the negative plate turns dark gray.
In the charging process, we should pay attention to the following aspects.
1. check the liquid level before normal charging, if the liquid level is found to be lower than the lower limit of the specified height, add pure water to the specified height.
2. should be the same type, the same degree of discharge and the same degree of new and old batteries in series charging.
3. During the charging process, measure the terminal voltage, current, electrolyte density and temperature of the marked batteries regularly, and observe the gas emission of each battery.
4. Before the end of each stage and before the end of charging, the whole group of batteries should be measured in general, in order to timely find the problem battery and avoid overcharging the battery.
How to Start a Diesel Generator Set and the Reasons Why It Cannot Stop Automatically
Generator Maintenance and Care