Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Diesel Genset Cylinder Head Bank Failure Can Lead to Underpower
April 20, 2022
The reasons for insufficient power caused by the failure of the cylinder head group of the diesel generator set include air leakage at the joint surface of the cylinder head and the body, insufficient intake air caused by exhaust air leakage, or insufficient fuel combustion caused by exhaust gas mixed in the intake air, damaged valve springs, Air leakage from the injector installation hole or damage to the copper pad will cause a lack of cylinders, and incorrect valve clearance will cause air leakage and cause insufficient power of the generator set.
The most economical and practical power of the diesel generator set is to add 10% of the power reserve on the basis of the user's total load. Once the power is found to be insufficient, professional technical maintenance personnel must be found to find out the cause of the unit failure.
1. Air leakage at the joint surface of the cylinder head and the body will cause the air in the cylinder to enter the water channel or oil channel, causing the coolant to enter the engine body. insufficient. Due to the damage of the cylinder head gasket, an air flow will rush out from the cylinder head gasket during shifting, and there will be blisters on the gasket when the engine is running. At this time, the cylinder head nut should be tightened according to the specified torque or the cylinder head gasket should be replaced.
2. Insufficient intake air volume or mixed exhaust gas in the intake air due to exhaust gas leakage, resulting in insufficient fuel combustion and reduced power. The mating surface of the valve and the valve seat should be ground to improve its tightness, and if necessary, replace it with a new one.
3. Damage to the valve spring will cause the valve to return difficult, the valve leaks, and the gas compression ratio is reduced, resulting in insufficient engine power. Damaged valve springs should be replaced in time.
4. Air leakage in the injector mounting hole or damage to the copper pad will cause a lack of cylinders and cause insufficient engine power. It should be removed for inspection and replaced with damaged parts. If the inlet water temperature is too low, the heat dissipation loss will increase. At this time, the inlet temperature should be adjusted to meet the specified value.
5. Incorrect valve clearance will cause air leakage, resulting in a decrease in engine power and even difficulty in catching fire. The valve clearance should be readjusted.
The problem of insufficient power caused by the failure of the cylinder head group of the diesel generator set can be analyzed according to the above five aspects. JUNVOCH has always been committed to providing customers with comprehensive and considerate one-stop diesel generator set solutions. From product design, supply, commissioning and maintenance, we carefully consider everything for you, and provide you with all-round pure spare parts, technical consultation, installation guidance, free commissioning, free maintenance, unit transformation and personnel training. Five-star Worry-free after-sales service.
What is the difference between the speed regulation mode of diesel generator EFI and ESC
Three main reasons why diesel generator sets appear "touring cars"