Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Drainage Skills for Cooling Water of Diesel Generator Sets
June 01, 2022
The cooling methods of diesel generator sets mainly include air cooling, water cooling and natural cooling. Due to the good heat dissipation performance of water, the current large diesel generator sets generally use water cooling methods. The principle of water cooling for diesel generator sets: in the cylinder of the diesel engine A water jacket is cast on the cover and the cylinder body.
Diesel generator sets
The cooling methods of diesel generator sets mainly include air cooling, water cooling and natural cooling. Due to the good heat dissipation performance of water, the current large diesel generator sets generally use water cooling methods. The principle of water cooling for diesel generator sets: in the cylinder of the diesel engine A water jacket is cast on the cover and the cylinder body. After being pressurized by the water pump, the water distribution pipe transports the liquid into the cylinder water jacket, and at the same time absorbs the heat of the cylinder wall, the temperature rises, and then flows into the cylinder head water jacket, and then the liquid is transported to the water pipe through the thermostat and the radiator. At the same time, due to the rotation and suction of the cylinder, the air is blown out from the radiator core, so that the vapor and liquid flowing through the radiator core continue to dissipate into the atmosphere, thereby reducing the temperature. After being pressurized by the pump, it finally flows into the cylinder liner again, so that the cycle continues, and the speed of the diesel engine increases.
In order to make the front and rear cylinders of the multi-cylinder diesel engine evenly cooled, the general diesel engine adopts a water distribution pipe or a casting water distribution tank when the water in the cylinder body is too heavy. The water distribution pipe is a metal pipe. The thermal water outlet along the longitudinal direction is farther away from the water pump, so that the cooling intensity of the front and rear oil cylinders can be similar, and the cooling of each oil cylinder can be uniform. The water cooling system is also provided with a temperature sensor and a temperature sensor, which are installed on the water outlet pipe of the cylinder head, and transmit the temperature of the water outlet pipe to the temperature sensor. The operator can know the working condition of the cooling system at any time with the help of the water thermometer. The normal working temperature is generally 80-90℃.
After we understand the water cooling principle of diesel generators, how to release the water of water-cooled diesel generator sets?
1. Because the external ambient temperature is too low, the water should be released 15 minutes after the shutdown, otherwise the temperature difference between the fuselage and the external environment will be too large, resulting in the deformation of some parts of the diesel engine, such as the deformation of the cylinder head, etc., which will affect the performance of the generator set. work performance.
2. When discharging water, pay attention to observe the specific conditions of the water flow to see if the water flow is smooth, and whether there is a phenomenon that the water flow becomes smaller or faster or slower. If the above situation occurs, it means that the water contains impurities, which hinder the normal discharge of water. At this time, it is best to disassemble the discharge port and let the water discharge directly from the body. If the water is still not clear, use iron wire and other hard and thin steel objects to reinforce it until the water is clear.
3. After stopping the outflow of cooling water, it is best to start the diesel generator for a few minutes. At this time, the remaining long pipes that are not easy to produce oil will flow clean due to the vibration of the unit, so as to prevent the water blockage on the cylinder head from being blocked. Freeze off, thereby preventing future long tubes from flowing into the casing of the long tubes.
4. If the water discharge switch is not removed, the water discharge switch should be turned on when the water switch is finished, so as to prevent the cooling water from not flowing out due to various reasons.
5. The lid should be opened when the water is discharged. If the lid is not opened when the water is discharged, although the water can be discharged, due to the reduction of the water volume in the water tank and the sealing of the water tank, a certain degree of vacuum will be generated, which will slow down or stop the water flow. In winter, the water discharge is incomplete. , the parts will freeze and crack.
6. It is not advisable to drain the water immediately when the temperature is high. Before the engine is turned off, if the engine temperature is too high and the engine cannot be shut down to drain the water immediately, the load should be unloaded to make it idle, and the water should be drained when the temperature in the cylinder drops to 40-50 °C to prevent it from being mixed with water. The temperature of the outer surface of the cylinder block, cylinder head, and water jacket in contact suddenly drops sharply and shrinks sharply, while the temperature in the cylinder body is still high and the shrinkage is small, which is very easy to cause cracks due to the sudden decrease in the temperature inside and outside the cylinder and cylinder head.
More about this source textSource text required for additional translation information
How to maintain the performance of diesel generator sets that have not been used for a long time?
What kind of experience is the Internet + intelligent experience of diesel generator sets?