Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Generator set knowledge: the overall structure and classification of the internal combustion engine of the generator set
June 02, 2022
Whether modern people are working or living, many places need continuous and reliable power supply, such as shopping centers, business centers, large international and domestic exhibition centers, financial centers, hotels, hospitals, communities, etc. The advantages of economical safety, high thermal efficiency, reliable and stable performance, etc., are widely welcomed by the public and widely used in various industries. Then this article will take you to understand the most important part of the generator set - the overall structure and classification of the internal combustion engine.
Diesel engine is a kind of internal combustion engine. It is a heat engine that converts the heat energy obtained by the combustion of fuel inside the cylinder into mechanical work. To realize this energy transformation, a diesel engine should have the following basic components:
(1) To obtain heat energy, a certain amount of fuel must be supplied to burn in the combustion chamber, so a fuel system must be provided. It includes: fuel tank, fuel transfer pump, fuel injection pump, fuel injector, etc.
(2) In order to convert the obtained thermal energy into mechanical work, it needs to be completed by the crankshaft and the connecting rod mechanism. Mainly include: cylinder block, crankcase, cylinder head, piston, connecting rod, crankshaft and flywheel. When the fuel is burned in the cylinder, the pressure exerted by the expansion of the gas on the piston is transformed into the rotational torque of the crankshaft by means of the connecting rod, so that the crankshaft drives the working machine to do work.
(3) To continuously realize the conversion of heat into mechanical work, there should also be a gas distribution mechanism to ensure regular intake of fresh air and discharge of exhaust gas. Mainly include: intake valve, exhaust valve, camshaft and its driving parts, etc.
(4) In order to reduce the friction loss in the diesel engine and maintain the normal temperature of the parts, there should be a lubrication system and a cooling system.
①The lubrication system includes: oil pump, oil filter, lubricating oil circuit, etc.
②The cooling system includes: water pump, radiator, fan and water jacket, etc.
(5) In order to start the diesel engine, a starting device is required. Such as electric starters, air motors, gasoline engines for starting, etc.
There are many types of internal combustion engines. Although different types of internal gas have their own characteristics, they all have to complete the fundamental task of converting thermal energy into mechanical energy. The specific classification of internal gas is as follows:
According to the different working principle and structure, it can be divided into: reciprocating internal combustion engine and rotary internal combustion engine.
According to the fuel used, it is divided into: diesel engine, gasoline engine;
According to the number of strokes to complete the work process, it is divided into: four-stroke, two-stroke internal combustion engine;
According to different ignition methods, it is divided into: compression ignition type, ignition type internal combustion engine;
According to the number of cylinders, it is divided into: single-cylinder and multi-cylinder internal combustion engines;
According to the cylinder arrangement, it is divided into: in-line, V-shaped internal combustion engine;
According to different cooling methods, it is divided into: water-cooled, air-cooled internal combustion engine;
According to the different speed, it is divided into: high-speed (above 1000r/min), medium-speed (600~1000r/min), and low-speed (below 600r/min) internal combustion engines.
The above is about the overall structure and classification of the internal combustion engine of the generator set. At first glance, many users feel that the diesel engine is very complicated, but as long as you understand it carefully, it is actually not complicated. I believe that through the above introduction, you also have a deeper understanding of the diesel engine. Get to know it!
Several parts of diesel generator sets that need regular maintenance
Briefly describe the ventilation and cooling design requirements for diesel generator rooms