Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Introduction to the working principle of the cooling system of Cummins diesel generator set
May 17, 2022
The cooling system of Cummins diesel generator set is the auxiliary system of diesel generator set, which is mainly composed of water pump, fan, radiator, oil cooler and other main components. Automatic adjustment of intensity.
The cooling system of the Cummins diesel generator set is the auxiliary system of the diesel generator set, which plays an important role in ensuring the normal operation of the generator. The cooling system of the Cummins diesel generator set is mainly composed of water pumps, fans, radiators, oil coolers and other main components In this article, the generator manufacturer - Dingbo Power will introduce the working principle of the cooling system of the Cummins diesel generator set.
The cooling system of Cummins diesel generator set can realize the large and small circulation of the system according to the current coolant temperature, and realize the automatic adjustment of cooling intensity.
1. Small cycle: When the coolant temperature is low, the engine needs a warm-up process, at this time the thermostat is closed, and the coolant circulation route: water pump - body, cylinder head water jacket - cylinder head water jacket outlet pipe thermostat - water pump. Since it does not pass through the radiator, the coolant temperature rises quickly.
2. Large circulation: when the coolant temperature is high (above 80°C), the thermostat is turned on, and the coolant circulation route: water pump - body, cylinder head water jacket - cylinder head water jacket outlet pipe - thermostat - heat dissipation device - water pump. By passing through the radiator, the coolant dissipates the heat absorbed from the parts to the atmosphere, effectively controlling the engine temperature.
To sum up, we know that the function of the cooling system of the Cummins diesel generator set is to transfer some heat from the heated parts to keep the parts at a normal working temperature. When the Cummins diesel generator set is poorly cooled and the temperature of the parts is too high, It will cause the unit failure, so the following items should be paid attention to when using the cooling system:
1. Different power models have different high and low temperature water heat dissipation power, and need to match water tanks with different heat dissipation areas. Tingbo Power recommends using a cooling tower or a water tank with an electric fan to dissipate heat.
2. The reliability of the water pump structure mainly depends on the water seal. Always check whether the water leakage hole in the lower part of the water pump leaks during use. Repair or replace.
3. The pipeline between the water inlet of the water pump and the radiator should be made of rubber hose or steel pipe with good rigidity to avoid being sucked flat.
Lubrication system structure and lubrication method of diesel generator set
What are the precautions for the use of the cooling system of diesel generator sets?