Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Professional generator manufacturers to introduce you to the design requirements of diesel generator smoke exhaust system
July 22, 2022
As we all know, during the operation of diesel generator sets will emit a large amount of smoke, in order to create a good environment in the engine room, in the design of diesel generator sets smoke exhaust pipeline, we must be as reasonable as possible, so as to avoid smoke and exhaust pollution of the engine room environment, the purpose of the diesel engine exhaust system is to cause harm to human smoke or odor emissions to the specified outdoor height, and to reduce noise, for this requirement , the design of diesel generator set smoke exhaust system should follow the following requirements.
(1) should meet the requirements of the environmental protection department, the exhaust pipe should be led to the roof outdoor high altitude discharge, or after the smoke and dust removal treatment before discharge, so as not to pollute the environment.
(2) Each diesel engine exhaust pipe should be led outdoors separately, and should be laid overhead, or in the trench or well. Smoke exhaust pipe elbow should not be too much, and can be freely displaced. In order to prevent condensate backflow, the smoke exhaust pipe laid horizontally should be equipped with a slope of 0.3% to 0.5% slope to the outdoors and installed in the lowest point of the pipe drain valve.
(3) The smoke exhaust pipe should be protected by a protective sleeve at the wall, and the terminal of the smoke exhaust pipe should be installed with rainproof caps, covers and other rainproof designs to prevent the entry of snow. Condensate collector and drain valve should be installed in the part of the smoke pipe close to the unit.
(4) When the smoke exhaust pipe in the engine room is laid overhead, the indoor part should be equipped with heat insulation protection layer, and the thickness of the heat insulation layer should not be less than 60mm below 2m from the ground. when the smoke exhaust pipe is laid overhead under the fuel pipe or along the trench and needs to cross the fuel pipe, safety measures should also be considered.
(5) The smoke exhaust booster of the unit should not exceed the back pressure requirement of the diesel engine, and when the smoke exhaust pipe is long, the natural compensation section should be used and the diameter of the smoke exhaust pipe should be increased; when there is no condition to set the natural compensation section, a compensator should be installed.
(6) smoke exhaust pipe and diesel exhaust port connection, should be installed with elastic bellows.
(7) as far as possible to shorten the length of the smoke exhaust system, so as to reduce the resistance of the system (back pressure); to facilitate the emission of smoke; to reduce the opportunity of gas condensation, reduce the degree of smoke.
(8) Non-pressurized diesel engines and exhaust gas turbocharged diesel engines should be equipped with silencers on the exhaust pipe. Two diesel engines should not share one silencer, and the silencer should be fixed separately.
(9) It is recommended that the unit does not share the exhaust pipe with the furnace, boiler or other equipment. The accumulation of carbon dust and condensate emitted from the equipment during operation will cause damage to the non-running unit, and the passive driven supercharger will cause bearing failure due to lack of lubrication.
In addition to the above requirements to design the diesel generator set smoke exhaust piping, the choice of its location is also very important, should be a comprehensive consideration of wind direction, engine room design, engine room layout, distance and other aspects of the comprehensive implementation.
Diesel generator noise is too loud? Take these measures to make the engine room noise to meet environmental regulations
The emergency diesel generator set is a necessary support device for flood prevention and needs to be maintained regularly.