Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Reasons and solutions for overheating of diesel generator sets
May 23, 2022
Summer is a season of power shortage, and diesel generator sets often need to be turned on. However, high temperature weather can easily cause overheating failures during the operation of diesel generator sets, resulting in a decrease in the power of the generator set. There are two main reasons for the overheating of diesel generator sets due to major faults such as tile and piston burning: one is the blockage of the heat dissipation, cooling and lubrication systems, which leads to the overheating of the diesel engine;
Diesel generator sets
The beginning of summer in 2021 has passed, the climate has officially entered the midsummer, and the temperature is getting ridiculously high day by day. Summer is the season of power shortage, and diesel generator sets often need to be turned on. Overheating failure occurs, resulting in a decrease in the power of the generator set. In severe cases, major faults such as cylinder pulling, cylinder sticking, tile burning and piston burning will occur. So what causes the diesel generator set to overheat?
1. The cooling system of the diesel generator set works abnormally
1. The fan is faulty. The angle of the fan blades is wrong, the blades are deformed, and the fan blades are installed backwards. Just correct the blade angle or replace the fan assembly; if the airflow direction cannot be changed after reverse installation, and the air volume is greatly reduced, it should be assembled correctly.
2. The belt is loose. To properly adjust fan belt tension.
3. The radiator air duct is blocked. When the radiator air duct of the diesel generator set is blocked, the heat dissipation area will be reduced, so that the air flow speed becomes slow or does not flow, and the cooling water of the unit cannot circulate, and the heat dissipation cannot be normal, resulting in overheating of the unit.
4. The exhaust pipe is blocked. When the diesel generator set is running, if the exhaust pipe is not working, the exhaust gas will not be discharged smoothly, and a part of the exhaust gas will remain in the cylinder. When the next intake stroke is taken in, the fresh oil and gas mixture cannot fully come in. When the spark plug ignites, the flame spreads and burns slowly, and the burning time is very long, forming afterburning. The parts that are in contact with the gas burn for a long time and cannot absorb heat and release it, thus causing overheating; at the same time, due to the poor exhaust gas discharge, the temperature of the exhaust gas rises greatly when exhausting, and the heat load of the entire unit increases, causing the generator set to overheat.
5. Water pump failure. The pump pulley or the impeller and the pump shaft fail to cooperate, so that the impeller is disconnected from the transmission, or the section of the pump impeller is worn, and the pumping capacity is reduced.
6. The thermostat fails. The main function of the thermostat is to automatically adjust the temperature of the cooling water to keep the diesel generator set in the best working temperature range. When the thermostat fails, the temperature of the diesel engine will be abnormal.
7. The oil filter is blocked. The oil cannot be filtered into the diesel engine normally through the oil filter. It only enters the various lubrication points of the diesel engine through the bypass passage. The oil is not filtered, and the oil pipeline is easily blocked, resulting in poor lubrication, blocked oil pipelines, and friction couples. The heat cannot be dissipated, causing the generator set to overheat.
8. The oil filter is blocked. The oil filter screen is installed at the inlet of the oil absorber in the oil pan to remove foam and prevent large debris from entering the oil pump. Once the oil filter is blocked, the lubricating oil supply of the diesel generator set will be interrupted, which will cause dry friction on the friction couple of the generator set, resulting in overheating of the generator set.
2. There is leakage in the cooling system and lubricating oil system, resulting in overheating of the unit
1. The radiator or pipeline leaks. The water storage capacity of the diesel engine water tank is limited, and the leakage of water will make the generator set prone to overheating.
2. Oil leakage from the oil pan or oil pump. At this time, the oil supply of the diesel generator set will be affected (reduced or interrupted). Since the unit reduces the cooling effect of the oil, the heat of each friction part of the diesel generator set cannot be transmitted, resulting in the unit overheating.
How to judge whether the 300kw generator needs to be changed oil?
Five common mistakes in the daily use of diesel generator sets