Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Some basic elements about diesel generator set maintenance
July 08, 2022
Diesel generator sets used for a long time, it is inevitable that there will be some failures and damage, but if you do a good job of maintenance, can greatly delay the failure of the unit and damage, in order to reduce the wear and tear of parts, prevent and control the occurrence of failure, stabilize the performance of diesel generator sets, extend the service life, the user should learn to carry out maintenance operations of diesel generator sets, which is a preventive technical measures taken for the unit.
Diesel generator sets used for a long time, it is inevitable that there will be some failures and damage, but if you do a good job of maintenance, can greatly delay the failure and damage to the unit, in order to reduce the wear and tear of parts, prevent and control the occurrence of failure, stabilize the performance of diesel generator sets, and extend the service life, the user should learn to carry out diesel generator set maintenance operations, which is a preventive technical measures taken for the unit.
Diesel generator set maintenance is usually divided into routine maintenance and planned maintenance. The content and timing of routine maintenance are half of the working hours of the unit, such as daily maintenance, monthly maintenance, quarterly maintenance, annual maintenance and break-in period maintenance, etc. The content and timing of scheduled maintenance are related to the number of working hours of the unit, such as primary maintenance, secondary maintenance and tertiary maintenance, etc. In the planned maintenance, the maintenance operation that is enforced according to the plan becomes regular maintenance, and if the maintenance operation is executed on demand according to the result of regular inspection, it is called as appropriate maintenance.
Some basic contents of diesel generator set maintenance
1. Cleaning work Cleaning work is mainly to remove the mud and dirt from the exterior of the unit, cleaning, washing and wiping the diesel engine, AC synchronous generator and control panel (box) internal and external surfaces and various accessories.
2. Inspection and tightening work Inspection and tightening work is mainly to check the connection or installation of exposed parts of the unit, tighten the loosened parts if necessary, and replace individual lost or damaged bolts, nuts, screws and locking pins, etc.
Inspection and adjustment work Inspection and adjustment work is mainly to check the technical condition of each mechanism, instrument and assembly of the unit, and adjust them according to technical requirements or use conditions if necessary. Such as valve clearance, oil supply time, oil pressure, etc. of diesel engine.
4. Electrical work Electrical work is mainly to clean, check and adjust electrical appliances and instruments, lubricate their moving mechanisms, replace individual damaged or unsuitable parts and wires, check and maintain the battery, etc.
5. Lubrication work Lubrication work is mainly to clean the diesel engine lubrication system and oil filter, replace the filter element or filter if necessary, and fill the grease in the relevant parts of the unit (such as the fan, bearings, etc.).
6. Refilling operation Refilling operation is mainly to check the oil tank and observe the amount of oil stored, refill diesel fuel as needed, check the oil sump and observe the quality and quantity of oil, replace or refill lubricating oil when necessary, check the water tank and observe the quantity of coolant, refill coolant when necessary.
The purpose of diesel generator set maintenance is to adopt the appropriate technical measures to ensure the normal performance of the unit, the user must strictly comply with the cycle of regular maintenance, correct, timely and careful maintenance can ensure the normal work of diesel generators and reduce the cost of diesel generator set operation.
High temperature hot season is about to open, all farming business owners ready for diesel generators?
Why is it important to maintain generators? What are the benefits of proper maintenance of diesel generators?