Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Talking about the principles and skills of diesel generator troubleshooting
May 27, 2022
Diesel generator sets are widely used as emergency backup power in life and production, but any machinery may fail. When Shangchai diesel generators fail, how should users troubleshoot the unit? In this article, Dingbo Electric Power will talk about the principles and skills of Shangchai diesel generator troubleshooting.
Shangchai diesel generator set
Diesel generator sets are widely used as emergency backup power in life and production, but any machinery may fail. When Shangchai diesel generators fail, how should users troubleshoot the unit? This article will talk about the principles and skills of diesel generator troubleshooting.
1. Principles of fault diagnosis
The user should follow the following principles when diagnosing the fault of the diesel generator set: combine the principle and analyze the structure. According to the phenomenon combined with the principle and structure, identify the direction and scope of the fault, which is easy to find; from the phenomenon to the essence, according to the appearance of the fault, determine the fault category, after the correct distinction, focus on the search, and target it; from the outside to the inside, first easy, then Difficulty, there are many reasons for the failure, and only one is the only one in the end. It should take the shortest time and the least energy, and adhere to the principle of starting from the outside to the inside, first easy and then difficult; A system is carried out in accordance with the method of subsection and subsection, and it can achieve twice the result with half the effort.
Second, the steps of fault diagnosis
1) Find out the fault phenomenon The phenomenon of the fault is the abnormal performance of the diesel generator when it is running. Users should make full use of practical experience, through seeing, listening, touching and smelling. As well as the relevant testing instruments and meters, the abnormal phenomenon when the diesel generator set fails is clarified. Also note the following points:
①What symptoms did the diesel generator have before the failure occurred?
②What maintenance has been done before the failure.
③Whether similar failures have occurred before.
④ What changes have taken place in the surrounding environment.
2) Positioning is based on clarifying the fault phenomenon, diagnosing the cause of the fault, and determining which part or system the fault occurs in.
3) Inspection After comprehensive analysis and preliminary determination of the fault location, a specific inspection is carried out to determine the final cause and take measures to eliminate it.
Three, the method of fault diagnosis
1) Partial stop method: The so-called partial stop method means that when it is suspected that the fault is caused by a certain part, the work of the part can be stopped, and the fault can be observed to see if it disappears. If it disappears, the diagnosis is correct. For example, when it is suspected that the black smoke from the diesel generator is caused by the poor atomization of the fuel injector of a certain cylinder, lift the plunger of the fuel injection pump of the cylinder and stop the fuel injector of the cylinder. At this time, if the black smoke disappears, it proves that The diagnosis is correct. If there is still black smoke at this time, stop the fuel injectors of other cylinders from working until the fault point is detected.
2) Heuristic method This method is to observe the change of the fault by changing the technical state of the local scope. For example, if it is suspected that the low compression pressure of the cylinder is caused by the poor sealing of the piston and cylinder liner, a higher viscosity oil can be poured into the cylinder. If the compression pressure increases, the diagnosis is correct. If it is suspected that the poor starting performance is caused by the low water temperature of the diesel generator, steam can be injected into the water to heat the water. If the starting performance improves, the analysis is correct.
3) Disassembly and inspection method Disassemble and inspect the suspected object to analyze the cause and location of the failure. For example, if it is suspected that the oil consumption of the diesel generator is too high, because the piston ring opening of a certain cylinder is not staggered, the piston group of the cylinder can be pulled out to check the opening position of the piston ring.
4) Comparison method: It is to compare the parts that may cause the failure. When the diagnosis thinks that the failure may be caused by a certain part, the part is replaced, and then the failure phenomenon before and after replacement is compared. For example, the high oil temperature of the diesel generator is considered to be caused by the insufficient flow of the water pump, and a good water pump should be replaced. If the oil temperature of the diesel generator returns to normal, it means that the high oil temperature is indeed caused by the insufficient flow of the water pump.
5) Instrument diagnosis method With the development of test technology, the use of test instruments to replace the traditional simple methods of hand touch, ear listening, and nose smell, instrument diagnosis technology has become more and more perfect.
Diesel generator set is a relatively complex power generation equipment. Users must know that in addition to solving various faults of the diesel generator set, daily maintenance and repair work are also essential. Only in this way can it operate more effectively.
4 ways to help you easily troubleshoot Cummins diesel generator set
A brief introduction to the neutral point grounding of diesel generator sets