Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
What are the precautions for the use of the cooling system of diesel generator sets?
May 17, 2022
The cooling system of the diesel generator set plays a very important role in the normal operation of the unit. The poor technical state of the cooling system of the diesel generator set will directly affect the normal operation of the diesel engine. Therefore, the user must conduct the cooling system during the use of the diesel generator set. Proper use and maintenance.
The cooling system of the diesel generator set plays a very important role in the normal operation of the unit. The poor technical state of the cooling system of the diesel generator set will directly affect the normal operation of the diesel engine. The deterioration of the technical state of the cooling system of the diesel generator set is mainly manifested in the scale formation in the cooling system, which reduces the volume and increases the circulation resistance of the water. Scale formation. In addition, the poor technical state of the cooling system can easily cause oil oxidation, which will cause carbon deposits on piston rings, cylinder walls, valves and other parts, resulting in increased wear and tear. Therefore, the following points must be paid attention to in the use of the cooling system of diesel generator sets:
Diesel generator sets
1. The cooling system of diesel generator sets should use soft water such as snow water and rainwater as cooling water as much as possible. River water, spring water, and well water are all hard water, and contain various minerals, which will precipitate when the water temperature rises, which is easy to form scale in the heat dissipation system, so it cannot be used directly. If this type of water must be used, the water should be boiled and precipitated, and the surface water should be used. Use clean, impurity-free soft water when making up for lack of water.
2. Maintain a proper water surface, that is, the upper water chamber should not be lower than 8mm below the upper opening of the water inlet pipe, and if it is too low, it should be replenished in time.
3. Master the correct operation method of adding and discharging water. When the cooling system of the diesel generator set is overheated and lacks water, cold water should not be added immediately, the load should be unloaded, and after the water temperature drops, it should be added slowly in a trickle under the running state. If the water is cut off when the diesel generator set is working, do not add water immediately, so as to avoid stress and cracks caused by uneven heating and cooling of the parts, or accidents of bite. At this time, water should be added after the diesel generator set is stopped and the standby temperature drops to the natural temperature. In cold weather, the water should not be released when the water temperature is very high to prevent damage to the body due to the large temperature difference. The water must be released after the water temperature drops to 40 °C, and the water tank cover should be opened, and the crankshaft should be turned to make the water in the pump and other places completely drained. , so as not to freeze the radiator, cylinder head, cylinder block and other parts.
4. Maintain the normal temperature of the cooling system of the diesel generator set. After the diesel engine is started, it can be preheated to above 60°C before starting to work (the tractor can start idling when the water temperature is at least above 40°C). After working normally, the water temperature should be kept in the range of 80 to 90 °C, and the higher temperature should not exceed 98 °C.
5. Check the belt tension. Press the middle of the belt with a force of 29.4 to 49 N, and the sag of the belt is 10 to 12 mm. If it is too tight or too loose, loosen the fastening bolts of the generator bracket and adjust by moving the position of the generator pulley.
6. Check the water leakage of the water pump, observe the water leakage of the drain hole under the water pump cover, the water leakage should not exceed 6 drops within 3 minutes of parking, and the water seal should be replaced if it is too much.
7. The water pump shaft bearing should be lubricated with oil regularly. When the diesel generator set cooling system works for 50h, grease should be added to the water pump shaft bearing.
8. After the cooling system of diesel generator set works for about 1000h, the scale of the cooling system should be cleaned.
Introduction to the working principle of the cooling system of Cummins diesel generator set
How to adjust the speed stability of diesel generator set governor?