Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
What impact will diesel generator exhaust system failure have on machine performance?
May 23, 2022
What is the basic reason for the insufficient power of diesel generator sets caused by the exhaust system of diesel generator sets? One word can be summed up - "blocking", that is, the exhaust is not smooth, which increases the exhaust back pressure. Not only can the combustion exhaust gas of the diesel generator set not be discharged cleanly, but also due to the increase of exhaust resistance, the exhaust power is increased. loss.
Diesel generator sets
When the diesel generator set is working normally, the exhaust is light gray, and the short-term heavy-load exhaust smoke is dark gray. When the exhaust of the diesel generator set shows white smoke, blue smoke and black smoke, it means that the diesel engine is faulty, and it is necessary to find out the fault and eliminate it in time. Exhaust abnormality is a comprehensive reflection of the internal failure of the engine. Therefore, whether the exhaust gas is normal or not is one of the important signs to judge the working condition of the engine. If it can be handled in time, it can ensure the ideal use of the diesel generator set and avoid unnecessary economic losses. The abnormal exhaust of the diesel engine indicates that the diesel generator set is not burning normally. So, what is the basic reason why the exhaust system of diesel generator sets leads to insufficient power of diesel generator sets? One word can be summed up - "blocking", that is, the exhaust is not smooth, which increases the exhaust back pressure. Not only can the combustion exhaust gas of the diesel generator set not be discharged cleanly, but also due to the increase of exhaust resistance, the exhaust power is increased. loss.
The main components of the exhaust system of modern diesel generator sets are oxidation catalytic converters, particulate filters, mufflers and other components. These components will be blocked to varying degrees after a period of use, resulting in poor exhaust, which in turn affects the power output of the diesel generator set.
The main reasons for poor exhaust are:
1. The internal parts of the muffler fall off, displace after damage and block the exhaust passage.
2. The three-way catalytic converter, particulate filter and other components are too dirty or damaged to block the exhaust tract.
3. The exhaust brake valve is always closed or semi-closed. The exhaust braking system of the diesel engine generally adopts the method of closing the exhaust passage of the diesel engine, so that the piston of the diesel generator set is subjected to the back pressure of the gas during the exhaust stroke, thereby preventing the operation of the diesel engine and producing a braking effect to achieve the purpose of controlling the speed of the vehicle. .
If the button in the exhaust brake device, the exhaust gas cylinder or the connection device fails, causing the exhaust brake butterfly valve to be always closed or semi-closed, that is, always in the braking state, the vehicle will feel an obvious lack of power.
The adverse effect of poor exhaust on the performance of diesel engine:
1. The exhaust temperature is too high, and the exhaust manifold may be "burned red".
2. The black smoke from the exhaust of the diesel engine is serious. The greater the power, the more serious the black smoke from the exhaust.
3. For a V-shaped diesel engine, the cylinder on the blocked side of the exhaust system will be overheated.
4. The diesel engine may have insufficient power:
5. Diesel engine may be difficult to start or unable to start.
6. The diesel engine runs in the state of poor exhaust for a long time, which will cause the cylinder pulling and the piston to affect the top burning failure.
After the diesel exhaust system is blocked. The cause should be identified as soon as possible and rectified. Otherwise, it may lead to serious overheating operation of the diesel engine and other serious failures.
For a supercharged diesel engine, remove the exhaust system line after the turbine outlet; for a non-supercharged diesel engine, remove the exhaust system line after the exhaust manifold. Start the diesel engine and run it for a short time (with load) (pay attention to lead the exhaust port to the outside of the engine to avoid burning other components). If the diesel engine runs normally, it can generally be judged that the exhaust system is blocked. Then check the relevant parts symptomatically to further confirm the location of the fault point.
Repair the exhaust system according to the above phenomenon and inspection results. Under normal circumstances, after the exhaust muffler is damaged, it is mainly repaired by replacement parts, and three-way catalytic converters or particulate filters can be repaired by regeneration methods.
More about this source textSource text required for additional translation information
What are the points of choosing the location of the engine room of the diesel generator set?
How to equip a diesel generator set in a medical building?