Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
What is an electronic governor for diesel generators?
April 20, 2022
The electronic governor can automatically increase or decrease the fuel supply in the fuel injection pump according to the change of the diesel engine load, so that the diesel engine can run at a stable speed. At present, the governor has been widely used in industrial DC motor speed regulation, industrial conveyor belt speed regulation, lighting adjustment, computer power cooling, DC fans, etc.
The electronic governor of the diesel generator set can automatically adjust the fuel supply of the fuel injection pump when the external load changes during the operation of the diesel engine under various operating conditions, so as to ensure the stable operation of the diesel generator at the specified speed. In addition, the maximum speed can be controlled to prevent the diesel engine from "flying", that is, the abnormal situation of overspeed operation, and at the same time, it can also ensure the normal and stable operation of the generator set at the lowest speed. So what are the classifications of the governor of diesel generators?
1. According to the different control machinery, the governor is divided into: electronic type, hydraulic type, pneumatic type and mechanical type.
2. According to different uses, the governor is divided into single system, dual system and full system, which are introduced as follows:
Yuchai diesel engine
1) Single-type governor: The single-type governor, also known as the constant governor, can only control the maximum speed of the diesel engine. The pre-tightening force of the speed regulating spring in this kind of governor is fixed. Only when the speed of the diesel engine exceeds the maximum rated speed, the governor can work, so it is called a constant speed governor.
2) Double-set governor: Double-set governor, also known as two-pole governor, is used to control the maximum speed and minimum stable speed of the diesel engine.
3) All-in speed governor: The all-in speed governor can control the diesel engine to move at any speed within the specified speed range. The difference between its working principle and the constant governor is that the spring bearing plate is made movable, so the elastic force of the spring is not a fixed value, but is controlled by the operating lever. With the change of the position of the operating lever, the elastic force of the governor spring also varies with Therefore, the diesel engine can be controlled to work stably at any speed.
In the mid-1970s, mechanical hydraulic governors were widely used in generator sets or marine diesel engines powered by diesel or gas engines. With the need for energy saving, it was obvious that the traditional mechanical hydraulic governors on the market at that time could no longer meet the ideal regulation requirements. The electronic governor can automatically increase or decrease the fuel supply in the fuel injection pump according to the change of the diesel engine load, so that the diesel engine can run at a stable speed. At present, the governor has been widely used in industrial DC motor speed regulation, industrial conveyor belt speed regulation, lighting adjustment, computer power cooling, DC fans, etc.
Why does the exhaust of diesel generator emit black smoke?
Do you know the difference between full copper generators and half copper generators?