Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
What is the reason for a three-phase generator not generating electricity?
May 17, 2022
At present, generators are widely used in industrial and agricultural production, national defense, science and technology and daily life. In the process of using three-phase generators, users will inevitably encounter some operating failures, such as generators not generating electricity, and three-phase generators not generating electricity. There are nine main reasons for power generation. In this article, JUNVOCH, a generator manufacturer, will introduce you in detail.
To understand the reason why the three-phase generator does not generate electricity, the user must first understand the principle of the three-phase generator:
A generator is a mechanical device that converts other forms of energy into electrical energy. It is driven by a water turbine, steam turbine, diesel engine or other power machinery, and converts the energy generated by water flow, airflow, fuel combustion or nuclear fission into mechanical energy and transmits it to the generator. Converted to electricity by a generator.
There are many forms of generators, but their working principles are based on the law of electromagnetic induction and the law of electromagnetic force. Therefore, the general principle of its construction is to use appropriate magnetic and conductive materials to form magnetic circuits and circuits that conduct electromagnetic induction with each other to generate electromagnetic power and achieve the purpose of energy conversion.
There are nine main reasons why a three-phase generator does not generate electricity:
1. The control screen indicates that the voltmeter is broken
2. The "Auto-Manual-De-excitation" switch on the control screen is in the de-excitation position (automatic generator set function)
3. Wiring error
4. No remanence or too low remanence
5. Poor contact between carbon brushes and collector rings or insufficient spring pressure of carbon brushes (three-wave brushed motor)
6. The carbon brush is rusted or the carbon powder is stuck on the carbon brush, so that the carbon brush cannot move up and down (three-wave brushed motor)
7. The rectifier second tube on the excitation rectifier board is open circuit or the freewheeling diode is short circuit (three-wave brush motor)
8. The rotating rectifier module is damaged
9. The generator winding or excitation winding is disconnected or has poor contact
When the three-phase generator does not generate electricity, the user can eliminate the cause of the fault according to the above points. If you have any questions, please contact the generator manufacturer JUNVOCH. JUNVOCH has a team of excellent and excellent technology led by several experts. The team has always been committed to providing customers with comprehensive and considerate one-stop diesel generator set solutions.
Basic principle and structure of Cummins generator PT fuel system
What are the functions of the automatic diesel generator set?