Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
What is the reason for the abnormal smoke color of diesel generator set and white/blue/black smoke?
May 20, 2022
The normal smoke color of the diesel generator set is colorless and transparent, but sometimes there will be abnormal smoke color, such as white smoke, blue smoke, black smoke, etc. The abnormal smoke color of the diesel generator set indicates that the unit is in trouble Yes, different smoke colors indicate different faults. Users should learn to judge what faults have occurred in the diesel engine according to the smoke colors. When the smoke color of the diesel generator set is found to be abnormal, it must be repaired in time.
The normal smoke color of the diesel generator set is colorless and transparent, but sometimes there will be abnormal smoke color, such as white smoke, blue smoke, black smoke, etc. The abnormal smoke color of the diesel generator set indicates that the unit is in trouble Yes, different smoke colors indicate different faults. In this article, Tingbo Power will analyze the reasons for the different smoke colors produced by the unit.
Diesel generator set emits white smoke
The white smoke from the exhaust pipe of the diesel generator set mostly occurs when the generator set is just started or in a cooling state, which is caused by the low temperature in the cylinder of the diesel generator set and the evaporation of oil and gas. Especially in winter. If the exhaust pipe still emits white smoke when the engine is warmed up, it is judged that the diesel engine is faulty. There are several reasons:
1. The cylinder liner is cracked or the cylinder gasket is damaged, the cooling water enters the cylinder, and water mist or water vapor is formed when exhausting;
2. The atomization of the injector is poor, and there is oil dripping;
3. The fuel supply advance angle is too small;
4. There is water and air in the fuel;
5. The fuel injection pressure is too low, the fuel injector is seriously dripping oil, or the fuel injector pressure is adjusted too low.
Diesel generator set emits blue smoke
In the initial operation stage of the new diesel generator set, there will be slight blue smoke from the exhaust gas. This is a normal phenomenon. Here is the blue smoke from the diesel generator set after a period of normal operation. At this time, it is mostly because of lubrication. The oil enters the cylinder, is heated and evaporates into blue oil and gas, and emits blue smoke along with the exhaust gas. There are several reasons why lubricating oil enters the cylinder:
1. The air filter is blocked, the air intake is not smooth or the oil level in the oil basin is too high;
2. During the operation of the diesel generator set, the amount of oil in the oil pan is too much or too little;
3. Piston ring, piston, cylinder liner wear;
4. The cylinder head gasket near the oil passage leading to the cylinder head of the body is burnt out;
Diesel generator set emits black smoke
The fundamental reason for the black smoke of the diesel generator set is that the diesel oil entering the combustion chamber is not fully combusted and then discharged to the outside, resulting in the phenomenon of black smoke from the generator set. The reasons for the insufficient combustion of the fuel oil are as follows:
1. Wear of piston rings, cylinder liners, etc.;
2. The injector is not working well;
3. The shape of the combustion chamber is changed;
4. Improper adjustment of fuel supply advance angle;
5. The fuel supply is too large.
The abnormal smoke color of the diesel generator set will cause the unit to fail to operate normally, affect the power of the unit, increase the fuel consumption rate, and also generate carbon deposits, which may easily cause the unit to fail and affect the service life. Therefore, users should learn to judge the diesel engine based on the smoke color. What happened to the fault , When the abnormal smoke color of the diesel generator set is found, it must be repaired in time.
The cause of high voltage alarm failure in 400kw diesel generator set
What is the reasonable speed range of diesel generator sets?