Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Correct use of diesel generator battery
May 17, 2022
The main function of the battery (battery) of the diesel generator set is to start the diesel engine of the diesel generator set, monitor the mains power, excitation, etc. It is one of the important components of the diesel generator set. The knowledge is not very deep, this article JUNVOCH will tell you the correct use of diesel generator battery.
1. The battery of diesel generator set is generally dry when it is just randomly delivered to the user, so before use, the electrolyte with the correct specific gravity (1:1.28) that has been evenly mixed should be added. Unscrew the top cover of the battery compartment and slowly inject the electrolyte until it is between the two scale lines on the upper part of the metal sheet and as close as possible to the upper scale line. After adding, please do not use it immediately, and let the battery park for about 15 minutes.
2. When charging the battery for the first time, it should be noted that the continuous charging time should not exceed 4 hours. Too long charging time will damage the service life of the battery.
3. When one of the following situations occurs, the charging time is allowed to be extended appropriately:
1) The battery storage time is more than 3 months, and the charging time can be 8 hours;
2) The ambient temperature is continuously higher than 30°C (86°F) or the relative humidity is continuously higher than 80%, and the charging time is 8 hours;
3) If the battery is stored for more than 1 year, the charging time can be 12 hours. When the charging is about to end, check whether the liquid level of the electrolyte is sufficient. If necessary, add a standard electrolyte with the correct specific gravity (1:1.28).
What is the harm to the diesel generator set if the oil is not changed in time?
What aspects are included in the commissioning and acceptance of diesel generator set installation work?