Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
What are the safety operating procedures for diesel generator sets?
May 17, 2022
Diesel generator set is a complete set of mechanical equipment that converts the energy generated by diesel combustion into mechanical energy and transmits it to the generator, which is then converted into electrical energy by the generator and output to electrical equipment. Diesel generator sets are currently used in industrial and agricultural production, national defense, science and technology. and have a wide range of uses in daily life. In this article, JUNVOCH will explain to you what are the safety operating procedures for diesel generator sets?
1. For a generator powered by a diesel engine, the operation of the engine part is carried out in accordance with the relevant regulations of the internal combustion engine.
2. Before starting the generator, it is necessary to carefully check whether the wiring of each part is correct, whether the connecting parts are reliable, whether the brush is normal, whether the pressure meets the requirements, and whether the grounding wire is good.
3. Before starting, put the resistance value of the excitation rheostat at the maximum position, disconnect the output switch, and disconnect the clutch for the generator set with the clutch. Start the diesel engine with no load first, and then start the generator after running smoothly.
4. After the generator starts to run, you should always pay attention to whether there is any mechanical noise, abnormal vibration, etc. After confirming that the situation is normal, adjust the generator to the rated speed, adjust the voltage to the rated value, and then close the output switch to supply power. The load should be gradually increased to strive for three-phase balance.
5. The parallel operation of generators must meet the conditions of the same frequency, the same voltage, the same phase, and the same phase sequence.
6. The generators to be run in parallel must have entered normal and stable operation.
7. After receiving the signal of "ready to connect in parallel", adjust the speed of the diesel engine according to the whole device, and close at the moment of synchronization.
8. The generators running in parallel should adjust the load reasonably, and evenly distribute the active power and reactive power of each generator. Active power is regulated by the diesel throttle, and reactive power is regulated by excitation.
9. The generator in operation should pay close attention to the sound of the engine, and observe whether the indications of various instruments are within the normal range. Check whether the running part is normal and whether the temperature rise of the generator is too high. and keep a running record.
10. When stopping, first reduce the load, restore the excitation varistor to reduce the voltage to the minimum value, then cut off the switches in sequence, and finally stop the diesel engine running.
11. If one diesel engine running in parallel needs to be stopped due to load drop, the load of one generator that needs to be stopped should be transferred to the generator that continues to run, and then stopped according to the method of stopping a single generator. If all stops are required, the load will be cut off first, and then the single generator will be stopped.
12. For mobile generators, the chassis must be parked on a stable foundation before use, and it is not allowed to move during operation.
13. When the generator is running, even if no excitation is added, it should be considered to have voltage. It is forbidden to work on the lead wire of the rotating generator and touch the rotor or clean it by hand. The running generator shall not be covered with canvas etc.
14. After the generator is overhauled, it is necessary to carefully check whether there are tools, materials and other debris between the rotor and stator slots to avoid damage to the generator during operation.
15. All electrical equipment in the computer room must be grounded reliably.
16. It is forbidden to stack sundries and flammable and explosive items in the computer room. Except for the personnel on duty, other personnel are prohibited from entering without permission.
17. Necessary fire-fighting equipment should be installed in the room. In the event of a fire accident, power transmission should be stopped immediately, the generator should be turned off, and carbon dioxide or carbon tetrachloride fire extinguishers should be used to put out the fire.
Should a diesel generator set choose a bottom fuel tank or an external fuel tank?
Preparation work and installation method before installation of diesel generator set