Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Precautions for safe use of diesel generator sets in summer
May 23, 2022
There are different precautions for using diesel generator sets in different seasons. In hot summer, due to the substantial increase in electricity consumption, the number of diesel generator sets used will also increase a lot. Therefore, in addition to the precautions mentioned in the article, users It is especially important to pay attention to the daily and regular maintenance of the diesel generator set!
Diesel generator sets
There are different precautions when using diesel generator sets in different seasons. For example, when using diesel generator sets in winter, users should pay attention to temperature changes at any time, drain cooling water in time, preheat before starting, and choose low-viscosity engine oil, etc. , There is a big difference between the use of diesel generator sets in summer and in winter, so what problems should users pay attention to when using diesel generator sets in summer?
1. If the diesel generator set is used outdoors, the user should try to cover the diesel generator set with something to avoid the heat and hot failure caused by the unit being exposed to the sun.
2. For diesel generator sets used indoors in a high temperature environment, it is also necessary to ensure that the diesel generator set room is well ventilated, and a refrigeration system can be configured if conditions permit.
3. Before starting, check whether the circulating cooling water in the water tank is sufficient. If it is insufficient, add pure water to fill it up.
4. Ensure the cleanliness of the cooling system, and remove any dirt in time.
5. Summer is the season of frequent thunderstorms. The diesel generator set room should be protected from lightning, and the generator set should be protected and connected to zero. The generator set working outdoors should also pay attention to the shielding work to avoid being exposed to rain.
6. The diesel generator set should be overhauled after accumulative operation of 6,000 hours, and the various components of the set should be inspected and maintained.
7. Diesel generator sets that are not frequently used should be sealed after maintenance, and covered with plastic sheets as much as possible to prevent the parts from rusting due to moisture in the air.
8. It is forbidden to prevent flammable and explosive materials in the engine room of diesel generator sets.
In hot summer, due to the substantial increase in electricity consumption, the frequency of use of diesel generator sets will also increase a lot, so in addition to the above precautions, users should also pay attention to daily and regular maintenance of diesel generator sets, especially important!
What problems should users pay attention to when purchasing diesel generator sets?
Why are diesel generator sets getting more expensive in 2021?