Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
What causes the diesel generator set that has not been used for a long time to be "stopped"?
May 30, 2022
The diesel generator set is used as an emergency backup power supply. Most of the time, the generator set is in a standby state. Once the power is cut off, the generator set is required to "start in an emergency and supply power in an emergency", otherwise the standby generator set will be meaningless. If the unit is regularly maintained, various unit failures may occur, such as failure to start, voltage failure, mechanical failure and so on.
Diesel generator sets
The diesel generator set is used as an emergency backup power supply. Most of the time, the generator set is in a standby state. Once the power is cut off, the generator set is required to "start in an emergency and supply power in an emergency", otherwise the standby generator set will be meaningless. If the unit is regularly maintained, various unit failures may occur, such as failure to start, voltage failure, mechanical failure and so on. This is because the diesel generator set is in a static state for a long time, and the various materials of the unit itself will undergo complex chemical and physical changes with oil, cooling water, diesel oil, air, etc., thus "stopping" the unit. The specific reasons are as follows:
1. The electrolyte of the starting battery of the diesel generator set volatilizes. Because the starting battery of the generator set is unmaintained for a long time, the electrolyte cannot be replenished in time after volatilization, and there is no starting battery charger. Reminder: The charger used by the diesel generator set needs to be manually replaced by the equalizing and floating charging on a regular basis, otherwise the battery power will not meet the requirements and the generator will not be able to start normally when needed.
2. When the water enters the diesel engine, the water vapor in the air will condense under the change of temperature, and it will form water droplets attached to the inner wall of the fuel tank and flow into the interior of the fuel tank, causing the diesel water content to exceed the standard. Such diesel oil enters the high pressure of the engine. The oil pump will corrode the plunger of the precision coupling, and will damage the entire unit in serious cases.
3. The engine oil mainly plays the role of mechanical lubrication, and the oil also has a certain retention period. After a long period of storage, the physical and chemical properties of the oil will change, resulting in the deterioration of the lubrication condition of the diesel generator set during operation, which will cause the parts of the generator set. damage.
4. Impurities enter the body, and oil stains or impurities are deposited on the filter screen wall, which reduces the filtering capacity of the filter. If there is too much deposition, the oil circuit will not be smooth, so the diesel generator set will be in shock due to the inability to supply diesel oil when running under load. .
5. The water pump, water tank and water pipeline have not been cleaned for a long time, so that the water circulation is not smooth.
Through the above introduction, I believe that everyone realizes that even if the diesel generator set is not usually used, regular maintenance should be carried out to maintain the performance of the generator set. Strengthening the daily maintenance is the most economical way to reduce the fault of the generator set and prolong the diesel generator set. effective method.
What should be paid attention to when using and maintaining the diesel generator set air filter?
What are the important functions of diesel generator sets?