Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
What are the important design requirements for the engine room of diesel generator sets?
May 20, 2022
Diesel generator sets, as a constant backup power supply, are used in a variety of environmental occasions because of their large capacity, long sustainable power supply time, and no influence from grid failures such as mains. However, when it is placed and used, it is necessary to take fire protection measures and design the machine room in a standardized manner. In addition to ensuring the normal operation of the machine, the design of the machine room should also consider the fire safety of the machine room. At the same time, the user should also regulate the operation of the unit and regular maintenance.
Design of engine room for diesel generator set
Diesel generator sets, as a constant backup power supply, are used in a variety of environmental occasions because of their large capacity, long sustainable power supply time, and no influence from grid failures such as mains. However, when it is placed and used, it is necessary to take fire protection measures and standardize the design of the computer room. Below, Dingbo Power will introduce to you the important design requirements for the engine room of diesel generator sets.
1. The machine room should have good ventilation conditions, especially around the air filter, there must be sufficient fresh air, and items that generate acid gas and other corrosive gases are not allowed in the machine room.
2. When installing the exhaust muffler, the exhaust port should be placed outdoors, and the exhaust lead pipe should not be too long. If possible, the surface of the exhaust pipe should be wrapped with thermal insulation materials to reduce heat dissipation to the room.
3. The machine room of the closed generator set generally does not need forced ventilation. The fan of the unit can be used to exhaust air to the outside to promote the air convection in the machine room, but the corresponding air inlet and outlet must be set up. The machine room of the open-type unit adopts forced ventilation when necessary, but the air inlet must be low, and the exhaust fan should be installed in the highest position of the machine room, so that the high-temperature airflow can be discharged outside in time.
4. In addition to the ventilation requirements for the installation of the unit, the computer room should consider the requirements of lightning protection, sound insulation, vibration isolation, fire protection, safety, environmental protection, lighting, and sewage.
5. The fuel pipelines and cables should be laid in the grooves or trenches as much as possible, and the cables can also be laid in the wire pipes. Daily fuel tanks can be placed indoors, but should meet the requirements.
6. If conditions permit, it is recommended that the brand of diesel generator set and the control panel be placed separately, the control panel should be placed in the operation room with sound insulation facilities, and an observation window should be provided so that the operator can grasp the operation status of the unit in time.
7. There should be a space distance of 0.8~1.0m around the unit, and no other items should be placed, so that the operator can inspect and maintain
The above are the design requirements for the engine room of the diesel generator set. In addition to ensuring the normal operation of the machine, the fire safety of the engine room should also be considered. At the same time, the user should also operate the unit in a standardized manner and perform regular maintenance, so that the unit can be used for a longer time. life and reduce operating costs.
What are the basic commissioning steps for Cummins diesel generator sets?
800kw diesel generator set pressure regulating board troubleshooting method