Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
What are the precautions for the installation of the fuel tank of the diesel generator set?
May 17, 2022
The diesel generator set fuel tank mainly plays the role of oil storage in the system, and also has other functions such as heat dissipation, separation of air bubbles in the oil, precipitation of impurities, etc. Different types of diesel generator sets have corresponding standard fuel tanks and fuel supply systems. There are many types of designs. JUNVOCH can be designed into discrete fuel tanks of various capacities according to user requirements. When installing fuel tanks, pay attention to the following matters:
1) The fuel capacity in the fuel tank should ensure the 8-hour fuel supply of the diesel generator set;
2) The connection of the fuel oil return pipeline should not cause shock waves to appear in the fuel oil pipeline of the diesel generator set;
3) The oil supply and oil return area of the fuel tank shall be provided with a partition plate with holes to reduce the heat exchange of the diesel generator set;
4) The position of the fuel supply pipe of the fuel tank should be about 50MM higher than the bottom of the fuel tank of the diesel generator set to prevent sediment and water from being sucked into the fuel supply pipe;
5) The storage location of the fuel tank must be safe to prevent fire. The fuel tank should be placed in a place where it can be seen alone, properly away from the diesel generator set, and it is strictly prohibited to smoke;
6) The resistance at the oil port is not allowed to exceed the specified value when using a clean filter element specified on the performance data sheet of all diesel generator sets. This resistance value is based on half the fuel in the fuel tank;
7) If the fuel tank is made by the user, it should be noted that the fuel tank of the standby diesel generator set is made of stainless steel or steel plate. Do not paint or galvanize the inside of the fuel tank, because they will chemically react with the diesel oil, which may cause damage to the diesel generator set. impurities and reduce the quality, cleanliness and combustion efficiency of diesel fuel;
8) After the fuel tank is placed, the highest oil level cannot be 2.5 meters higher than the base of the diesel generator set. If the oil level of the large oil depot is higher than 2.5 meters, a daily fuel tank should be added between the large oil depot and the diesel generator set, so that the oil can be delivered directly. The pressure is not more than 2.5 meters. Even when the diesel generator set is shut down, the fuel is not allowed to flow into the diesel engine through the fuel inlet line or the fuel injection line by gravity.
What needs to be done for the daily maintenance of diesel generator sets?
Should a diesel generator set choose a bottom fuel tank or an external fuel tank?