Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
How is the dirt in the water tank of the diesel generator set produced?
May 17, 2022
The cooling system of the diesel engine generator set will have a certain loss of coolant during use, so it is necessary to add water to the cooling system in time. Some users do not add coolant or distilled water, but directly add hard water. As a result, the calcium and magnesium ions in the hard water are easily mixed with each other. Inorganic salt components in ordinary coolants form scale. If there is too much scale in the water tank of the diesel generator set, the sundries will block the water tank, and it is easy to ignite incorrectly, which will cause the generator to overheat and decrease the thermal conductivity, which will directly affect the heat dissipation effect and reduce the service life of the diesel generator set. Therefore, JUNVOCH reminds the majority of users These scales should be removed in time for long-term use, so how to remove the dirt in the water tank of the diesel generator set?
The specific operation method to remove the scale in the water tank of the diesel generator is as follows:
1. Use 30 kg of water, 2.5 kg of caustic soda and 0.6 kg of kerosene to prepare a cleaning solution and pour it into the water tank.
2. Start the diesel engine, run it at medium speed for about 10 minutes and then turn off the engine.
3. After 10 to 12 hours, restart the diesel engine, run at medium speed for about 10 minutes, turn off the engine, and release the cleaning fluid.
4. After adding clean cooling water, start the diesel engine and run at medium speed to clean itself.
5. Repeat this for 2 to 3 times to completely remove the scale.
Ten precautions for using diesel generator set water tank
How to judge whether the diesel engine oil has deteriorated?