Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Generator Maintenance and Care
August 04, 2022
Share the daily maintenance of diesel generator sets and maintenance, as follows.
1. keep the external surface of the motor and the surrounding environment clean, in the motor casing or internal are not allowed to put any objects, to wipe clean mud, oil and dust, so as not to impede heat dissipation, so that the motor overheating.
2. strictly prevent all kinds of oil, water and other liquid dripping or splashing into the motor interior, not to make metal objects (such as nails, screws and coins, etc.) or metal debris into the motor interior, if found must try to take out, otherwise can not be turned on.
3. every shift, in the engine idle warm-up period, should monitor the motor rotor running sound, no abnormal noise, otherwise it should be stopped to check. Monitoring method: the top of the screwdriver end of the motor bearings and other important moving parts near the shell, ear on the insulated handle of the screwdriver, to run experience to judge. Under normal circumstances, the sound of the motor is smooth and even with a slight wind sound, if you find that there is a knocking, rubbing and other sounds, it means that there is a fault in the motor, and should be stopped for serious analysis and inspection.
4. Before starting the unit, check the tightening of the foot screw, and when the speed reaches the rated value, if the unit vibrates violently, it should be stopped to find out the cause and eliminate it.
5. The motor in normal operation should pay close attention to the indication of the ammeter, voltmeter, frequency meter, power factor meter and power meter on the control screen to understand whether the motor is working normally. If you find that the meter indication is not in the normal range, should be adjusted in a timely manner, if necessary, to stop the inspection, troubleshooting.
6. Pay attention to the circuit connection of each part of the motor to ensure that it is correct and secure. Often touch the motor shell and bearing cover, etc., to understand the temperature changes in various parts of the motor, should not be hot when normal (generally not more than 65 ℃).
7. Check whether the grounding of the generator is reliable.
8. Check the operation of the collector ring and other conductive contact parts, when normal, there should be no sparks or a small amount of very dark sparks, brushes should be no obvious jumping and can not have rupture phenomenon.
9. Attention to observe the end of the winding, in operation there is no flash, spark, burnt smell and smoke, if found, indicating that there is insulation damage and breakdown fault, should be stopped to check.
10. Generally do not allow sudden addition or sudden reduction of large loads, and strictly prohibit long-term overload or three-phase load serious asymmetric operation.
How to charge the battery of diesel generator set normally
Common faults of diesel generators