Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
How to avoid common sales traps when purchasing diesel generator sets?
May 17, 2022
Purchasing a diesel generator set is a knowledge. First of all, it depends on the brand and manufacturing process of the generator. When testing the machine, it depends on whether the voltage of the generator is stable, whether the voltage is built quickly or not, whether the frequency is stable, whether the vibration is large, and the size of the exhaust smoke from the engine is different from that of the engine. The color, the size of the exhaust gas, and whether there is any other noise. Secondly, users should also be familiar with the eight common pitfalls of purchasing diesel generator sets.
1. Confuse the relationship between KVA and KW. Treat KVA as KW to exaggerate power and sell it to customers. In fact, KVA is apparent power, KW is effective power, and the relationship between them is IKVA=0.8KW. Therefore, when calculating the power, KVA should be converted into KW by 20% off.
2. Don't talk about the relationship between long-run (rated) power and backup power, just say one "power", and sell the backup power to customers as long-run power. In practice, backup power = 1.1x long line power. Also, the backup power can only be used for 1 hour out of 12 hours of continuous operation.
3. The power of the diesel engine is configured as large as the power of the generator, in order to reduce the cost. In fact, the industry generally stipulates that the power of the diesel engine is greater than or equal to 10% of the power of the generator, because of mechanical losses. Even worse, some misreport the horsepower of the diesel engine as kilowatts to the user, and configure the unit with a diesel engine less than the power of the generator, commonly known as: small horse-drawn cart, so that the life of the unit is reduced, maintenance is frequent, and the usage fee is high. Not too high.
4. The refurbished second-hand mobile phone is sold to customers as a brand-new machine, and some refurbished diesel engines are equipped with new diesel generators and control cabinets, so that ordinary non-professional users cannot tell whether it is a new machine or an old machine.
5. Only report the brand of diesel engine or generator, not the place of origin and the brand of the unit. In fact, it is impossible for any diesel generator set to be completed by an enterprise independently. Customers should have a comprehensive understanding of the diesel engine, generator, and control cabinet manufacturers and brands of the unit in order to comprehensively evaluate the grade of the unit.
6. The unit without protection function (commonly known as four protections) is sold to the customer as a unit with complete protection function. What's more, the unit with incomplete instrumentation and no air switch is sold to customers. In fact, it is generally stipulated in the industry that units above 10KW must be equipped with full instruments (commonly known as five meters) and air switches; large units and automated units must have self-four protection functions.
7. Not to mention the brand grade of diesel engine and generator, the configuration of control system, not to talk about after-sales service, but only to talk about price and delivery time. Some also use non-power station-specific oil engines, such as marine diesel engines and vehicle diesel engines for generator sets. The quality of electricity (voltage and frequency), the final product of the unit, cannot be guaranteed.
8. Don't talk about random accessories, such as with or without muffler, fuel tank, fuel pipe, what grade of battery, how much capacity battery, how many batteries and so on. In fact, these attachments are so important that they must be stated in the contract.
Which brand of silent generator is more cost-effective?
Five reasons for the rapid deterioration of diesel engine oil