Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
How to maintain the performance of diesel generator sets that have not been used for a long time?
June 01, 2022
When the mains power is stable, most of the standby diesel generator sets are idle for a long time. Due to the infrequent use, the diesel generator set is in a static state for a long time. Complex chemical and physical changes have changed the original state of the unit.
Diesel generator sets
When the mains power is stable, most of the standby diesel generator sets are idle for a long time. Due to the infrequent use, the diesel generator set is in a static state for a long time. Complex chemical and physical changes have changed the original state of the unit. So, what problems will occur if the diesel generator set is not used for a long time?
1. The filtration capacity of the diesel generator set filter decreases
Diesel generator set filter plays an important role in filtering diesel oil, oil or water to prevent impurities from entering the body, so the filter plays an important protective role during the operation of the unit. However, these oil stains and impurities gradually accumulate on the filter wall, the filtration capacity of the filter decreases, and the oil circuit will deteriorate in severe cases. In this case, the diesel generator set will be in shock (such as lack of oxygen) due to the shortage of oil. Therefore, in order to ensure the normal operation of the diesel generator set, Tingbo Power recommends that customers replace three filters every 500 hours, and the standby unit replaces three filters every two years.
2. Diesel generator set cooling system water circulation is not smooth
Pumps, water tanks and water pipes have not been cleaned for a long time, the water circulation is not smooth, and the cooling effect is reduced. If the cooling system fails,
1. The cooling effect of the diesel generator set is poor, and the water temperature in the set is too high.
2. The water tank of the diesel generator set leaks, the water level in the water tank drops, and the unit cannot work normally.
In order to ensure that the generator set can supply power in time, it is necessary to carry out necessary maintenance for the generator set regularly. Then, how should we maintain the diesel generator set that has been idle for a long time?
1) First of all, pay attention to check the air intake of the diesel generator to prevent dust pollution from damaging the air filter.
2) The positive and negative poles of the diesel generator battery are disconnected from the starter motor, and the battery is fully charged.
3) Check whether the circuit breaker is closed to ensure the safety of circuit electrical and generator.
4) When the diesel generator is not used for a long time, all the used lubricating oil (oil) should be discharged to prevent the used oil from deteriorating and thickening, and it cannot play the role of lubricating the diesel engine. It is necessary to re-add new oil to the specified scale line.
5) Antifreeze should be added to the radiator to prevent the engine from rusting or freezing in cold seasons.
6) The fuel of the diesel generator fuel filter and the fuel of the engine oil passage must be discharged to prevent the water in the fuel from causing corrosion of the fuel injection components.
7) The diesel generator room should be kept dry, clean, anti-theft and fireproof during the generator storage period.
Do you know the correct maintenance procedures for Cummins diesel generator sets?
Drainage Skills for Cooling Water of Diesel Generator Sets