Tel: +86 -27 -6712 7626
Diesel Generator sets
Diesel engine and parts
Installation specification for diesel generator set room
May 17, 2022
Diesel generator sets are generally divided into mobile trailer generator sets, silent diesel generator sets, generator sets equipped with rain shelter, container diesel generator sets and ordinary diesel generator sets. In addition to ordinary diesel generator sets, other special function generator sets can be used for Outdoor operations, while ordinary diesel generator sets generally need to be installed in a separate machine room. If the installation room does not meet the operating requirements of the diesel generator set, the unit cannot be installed. It not only delays the normal use of the user, but also affects the time arrangement of the debugging personnel, causing unnecessary losses. Therefore, in this article, JUNVOCH, the diesel generator set manufacturer, will introduce the installation specifications of the diesel generator set room for you.
1. The installation site should be well ventilated. There should be enough air inlets at the generator end and good air outlets at the diesel engine end. The area of the air outlet should be more than 1.5 times larger than the area of the water tank.
2. The surroundings of the installation site should be kept clean, and items that can generate acid, alkali and other corrosive gases and vapors should be avoided. Where possible, fire extinguishing devices should be provided.
3. For indoor use, the smoke exhaust pipe must be led outdoors, the diameter of the pipe must be greater than or equal to the diameter of the smoke outlet pipe of the muffler, and the connected pipes should not have more than 3 elbows to ensure smooth smoke exhaust. It is inclined downward by 5-10 degrees to avoid rainwater injection; if the exhaust pipe is installed vertically upwards, a rain cover must be installed.
4. When the foundation is made of concrete, the horizontality must be measured with a level ruler during installation, so that the unit can be fixed on a horizontal foundation. There should be special shock-proof pads or foot bolts between the unit and the foundation.
5. The casing of the unit must have a reliable protective grounding. For generators that need to be directly grounded at the neutral point, the neutral grounding must be carried out by professionals and equipped with lightning protection devices. It is strictly forbidden to use the grounding device of the mains for neutral point ground directly.
6. The two-way switch between the generator and the mains must be very reliable to prevent reverse power transmission. The wiring reliability of the two-way switch needs to be checked and approved by the local power supply department.
Introduction of main components of diesel generator set
What parts does the generator of a diesel generator set consist of?